Press Clipping
09/28/2015
Article
NASHVILLE’S PROJECT MUSIC BEGINS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2016 ACCELERATOR

Project Music, the first accelerator program designed specifically for music-driven tech startups, is now accepting applications for its 2016 Accelerator! Based out of the Nashville Entrepreneur Center, Project Music is a year round music-entrepreneurship initiative capped by a 16-week accelerator that brings music, tech and business leaders together to nurture startups desiring to grow music industry revenue. The six to eight startups selected for the program, which runs from 1/31/16 through 5/18/16 in Nashville, TN, will receive curriculum, connections and capital during the program:
Curriculum: Based on lean startup principles the business curriculum features a deep-dive into customer development, business and financial model options and tools, team building and more. Weekly industry-curriculum includes over 40 panelists, presentations and speakers from active members of the music community.
Connections: Project Music provides the education on framing conversations with your stakeholders and goes the next step by connecting you to those stakeholders. The program is supported by a mentor pool of over 50 business leaders, music industry professionals, startup operators, investor-mentors and service providers.
Capital: Startups receive a minimum $30,000 seed investment for 7% equity with an additional 3% equity earmarked for key advisors from the program’s mentor pool for a total of 10%. There will be demo days in three key music cities where startups will have the opportunity to pitch to potential investors.
Applications close November 6, so be sure to apply ASAP!